There is a waging war between the fast food industry, the Food Administration and dieters across the nation. On one side, you have those that swear that our obesity problems stem from greasy fast food items, so the fast food restaurants start offering alternative items. On the other side, you have these restaurants that have been serving these foods for decades and are sure that the problem does not stem from that. You make the choices in what you eat, so you should be held responsible. Where do you weigh in on that?
Are you ready for this?
Did you know that the worst breakfast food in America is Carl Jr’s Breakfast Burger. It packs a whopping 830 calories! Not only is this the worst breakfast item, Carl Jr’s might make the worst breakfast menus in America too. There is not one single entrée item that is less than 15 grams of fat. Each item is also more than 400 calories. Wow!
Here are some other interesting facts about fast food:
Many people who are trying to eat healthier or dieting opt for chicken at fast food restaurants, feeling that it is a healthier choice. While it can be in some instance, don’t be fooled. Oh, and grilled is not always better than fried.
– At Jack in the Box the Chipotle GRILLED Chicken Ciabatta packs 1,140 calories for one silly sandwich and a medium order of natural cut fries (do NOT order the curly fries). It has 51 grams of fat! (14 grams of saturated fat)
– At McDonald’s a 20 piece Chicken Nuggets is 840 calories, which is MORE than their Oreo McFlurry at only 820. (wow that’s like 1/3 or your daily allowance and all you got was a shake!)
– Burger King isn’t any better, Burger King’s Double Whopper with Cheese is 1060 calories. Opt for their Burger King Chicken TenderCrisp Sandwich (810 calories) or their Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich (560 calories) and you really are not doing much better. Yikes!
– Arby’s seems like a better alternative? Not so much. Their Arby’s Roast Turkey Ranch & Bacon Sandwich is 880 calories while their Arby’s Roast Chicken Caesar Sandwich is 820. Hmm. Guess turkey and chicken aren’t the healthier meat when you look at the fast food industries standards.
– Long John Silvers is doing a little bit better, as their most caloric item is their Long John Silvers Ultimate Fish Sandwich which is 500 calories.
I hate to say it, but armed with that info, I might never step foot into a fast food restaurant again. Plus, it is still cheaper to eat at home.