Fall is definitely my favorite time of year. I love so many things about it.
The cooler, crisper days. The colors of the trees as the leaves begin to change. The sound of crunchy leaves beneath my feet. The sweet smell of pumpkin and spices wafting from my kitchen on a near daily basis. The gloriously wonderful vegetables and fruits. Apple picking on a still warm day. The warmth of a hot fire pit intermingling with the cool night air, the sweet smell of toasted marshmallows clinging to the air. Yes, indeed. Everything about Fall.
I came up with a list of my must have Fall Favorites. These are the things I love the most about Fall. The things that I would not be complete without. Yes, I know. It’s sort of pathetic, but it’s undeniably true. In no particular order at all…..
1. Chunky Sweaters – In style, out of style. I’ve never really cared. I love chunky sweaters, usually cardigans but pullovers are fine too. I love layers and a sweater always adds that extra layer and can be shrugged off on those still warm days. I love that a sweater goes perfectly with a good pair of jeans, my pants of choice during the Fall. I cannot wait to pull my sweaters out and even to shop for more, because I’m sure that’s coming soon too.
2. Firepits/Bonfires – I don’t care if it’s a huge bonfire or a few pieces of wood thrown into a fire pit, I love them. I love the smokey smell, I love the way the heat mixes with the cool evening air. Many a fall evening I can be found in my chunky sweater, wrapped in a warm blanket, sitting outside with my laptop in front of a firepit. Yes, I do that. A lot.
3. Pumpkin Spice Latte – And not just any pumpkin spice latte, some aren’t very good, just sayin’. A Starbucks PSL can melt away stress, calm my nerves, and just generally put me in a happy, calm, comfortable place. And I totally associate them with Fall, so even if they sold them year round, I couldn’t bring myself to have one. I know, ridiculous.
4. Changing Leaves – I love the scenery in the Fall. I love the gorgeous colors of the leaves as they change, the bright reds, oranges and yellows. I love the sound of the crunchy leaves as you walk through the grass. We take the scenic route to get places, just so we can look at the beauty.
5. Cute Boots – I just love boots. Since I had my surgery two years ago, I can’t wear heels anymore, so a good flat boot is the perfect shoe for me (other than flip flops and sandals which I cannot wear in the Fall and Winter). Last winter I got super into boots when I got a cute pair from Merrell and then I just wanted more and more because I realized that A) they are super cute with almost anything and B) they work with my stupid injury and I can wear them comfortably! Already have a huge wish list of boots I’d love to own!
6. Seasonal Candles – I love candles. I love seasonal candles. In the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. But man oh man, the wonderful smell of a Yankee Spiced Pumpkin Candle is amazing. I love them. I have like 6 in various stages of burning. haha I buy a new one almost every year and with as much as I burn them, they are never completely used up by the time I’ve moved into my Gingerbread one for Winter. That’s a whole other list of Favorites. haha
So what are your favorite must have Fall items that you would not be complete without?