Now that I am back to work full time (albeit working from home but still….) I find myself with less time than before to come up with a meal plan and stick to it. I do still meal plan, but some nights I just feel like skipping whatever elaborate dish I planned to make and going with something quick and easy. These Easy Crockpot Sloppy Joes are the perfect thing to throw together and have ready in a couple of hours.These can be made on the stove top if you wish, but a couple of hours in the Crockpot and these Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe’s are ready to go.My whole family literally goes crazy when they see these Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes in progress because they really do love them. The trick to making these perfect is to only keep the mixture in the crockpot for NO longer than 3 hours but at least 2 hours. So that magic number is somewhere in between. The reason you want to keep it at less than 3 hours is to keep it from burning. So make sure you are putting this on a very low setting on your crockpot. I typically do the longest setting. For mine, this is 10 hours but obviously I stop it at somewhere around the 2 1/2 hour mark.
You can serve these Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes on Hamburger Buns, Hot Dog Buns or my son’s favorite way – on a flour tortilla with loads of shredded cheese.
Let’s make Easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup ketchup
- 10.5 ounces beef broth
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup bbq sauce
- Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
- Toppings: Fresh Sliced Onion, Cheese, Tomatoes, Lettuce (optional)
- Dump all the ingredients into the crockpot and stir everything together.
- Using a large spoon, break up the hamburger meat into chunks.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours
- I stir the mixture every hour. Breaking up the ground beef a bit more each time.
- When ready to serve, spoon the meat on sandwich buns, top with some fresh combination of toppings and enjoy!
For more great recipe ideas, check out our visual recipe index!