Music to my ears. These Easy Pumpkin Spice Pancake Bars were a huge hit with my teens and were literally thrown together in a few minutes time.
When you have hungry teenagers and a million and one things to do, you have to try to cut corners when you can. I had a million things to do the morning I made these and I still had to feed hungry teenagers. So I did!
These are so easy to whip up. You can use any kind of pancake mix that you enjoy. I used boxed mix that required just adding water, but you can totally do these from scratch. We attempted that a few days later to be sure they’d work. I am happy to announce they do!
And they only take 5 steps once you have that pancake batter. Fifteen minutes until done and you can even grab a shower while they are in the oven!
- Prepare Pan
- Add batter
- Add pumpkin and brown sugar.
- Swirl it all together
Okay so maybe there’s a 6th step. Slice a piece, cover in syrup (or not) and consume! 🙂 My teens consumed a whole pan.
I love it when a quick breakfast comes together like this and they all moan in delight with each bite. I know I was successful in creating something they love.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Pancake Bars
- 3 cups prepared pancake batter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon + 3 tablespoons brown sugar, divded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice into prepared pancake batter.
- Pour pancake batter into baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Drop pumpkin mixture in spoonfuls across top of pancake batter.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoon of brown sugar across top of pancake batter.
- Using a knife, swirl the pumpkin and brown sugar into the pancake batter (See photo)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes and then cut into squares or bars. Serve with syrup!