THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS Linky Party #83
(Breakfast Breads – Doughnuts, Muffins, Biscuits & Coffee Cakes)
Happy Monday! It’s time once again for This Week’s Cravings. I did a really easy, but very delicious Breakfast Muffin for today, mostly because we had a super nutty and exhausting weekend and I had little time for much else. Don’t let the simplicity fool you though. They are delicious and can be extended by adding ingredients – chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, etc. Change them up into whatever you want.
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ c. oil
- ⅔ c. sugar
- 1½ c. flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. buttermilk
- icing for topping – drizzle on top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or using your stand mixer, beat together the egg, oil, sugar, flour, baking powder, soda, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in the buttermilk. Gently stir in any extra’s you want – nuts, dried or fresh fruit (blueberries or strawberries are especially delicious), raisins, oats or chocolate, butterscotch or vanilla chips. My favorite is actually peanut butter chips.
- Spoon the batter into the bottom of the prepared (spray or use cupcake wrappers) muffin tin.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes, or until the muffins are a light golden colored and they spring back when touched with your finger. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan.
- Remove them to a wire rack – prepare some icing and drizzle it across the top. We usually eat these without icing, but of course the day I made this batch – we used icing. Enjoy!
This week’s theme is:
Breakfast Breads – Doughnuts, Muffins, Biscuits & Coffee Cakes
Please only link recipes with our theme!
If you are a regular to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS Linky party, then please link-up, we’re excited to see what you made this week. If you are new, please just follow our simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don’t feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!
Don’t forget to grab the button to add to your posts
or just leave a direct link back to any one of the hosts blog sites.
This Week’s Cravings Upcoming Linky “THEMES”
Here is a complete list of the past and what’s coming up next on THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS!
June 11 - MAN’ly Meals for Father’s Day
June 18 – International Foods
June 25 – Summer Berry Recipes (anything with berries)
July 4 – 4th of July (Red, White & Blue)
You can always find more themes by going here.
This post is also linked to: Church Supper Sundays, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Muffin Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Meatless Mondays, Better Mom Mondays, Motivate Me Mondays, Makin’ You Crave Monday, Handmade Tuesdays, Tuesday Confessional, Anti Procrastination Tuesdays, Topsy Turvy Tuesdays, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Take-A-Look Tuesday,