Today is day 4 in the A-Z Blogging Challenge in April. We are on Letter D and today I decided to blog a Dip recipe. Basil Dip recipe, to be exact.
I have a certain affinity for dips. In fact, I love dipping many different kinds of foods into dips, apparently I just don’t like things plain, which I can totally acknowledge. This yummy basil dip was actually originally a dip recipe I found in Taste of Home but that I changed up and kind of modified and adjusted until it became totally ours and in no way resembles what I found 10+ years ago in the magazine.
Mmm… Delicious Basil Dip
We eat this with steak (one of my favorite ways), breads and veggies in particular. There are of course numerous other ways to enjoy it, but point is, you really need to enjoy it. It’s amazing. Full of flavor.
- 1½ cloves of garlic (more if you like a lot of garlic - we do), minced (you can do this before you add all the other ingredients)
- ¾ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup mayonnaise (we use light, and sometimes don't add the olive oil and use the olive oil mayo)
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- a pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
- In your blender or food processor, chop up your garlic, then add the basil and chop that all up. Then add the mayonnaise.
- Next add the Dijon Mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Blend everything until it is completely smooth and combined. Put it in a dish, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or so. This allows the flavors to marry and results in a delicious, fragrant, wonderful Basil Dip.
Previous A-Z Entries:
- A – Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- B – Bacon Popcorn
- C – Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- D – Basil Dip
- E – Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- F – Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- G – Grilled Creamy Parmesan Tilapia
- H – Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- I – Italian Beef Risotto
- J – Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- K – Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- L – Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
- M – Nutella Breakfast Muffins