A couple of days ago I that I am participating in a month long challenge to build a better blog. I have the workbook, I joined the group and now I’m taking off with the first days challenge.
I have to write an elevator pitch about my blog. It has to be 140 characters or less. Well, that’s cool, I’m a Twitter Pro. LOL Right?
I spent the past few days trying to think about what I wanted to say, and I came up with four. I have no clue which one to use, but I’m probably going to have to resort to playing eenie, meenie, miney, moe so I can choose.
- Humor – YA & Romance Author and busy mom of five, shares her life and the road to publishing, while hooked up to a continuous coffee IV.
- Lots of Info – Personal – YA & Romance Author. Mom to 5. Love books & photography. Addicted to sushi, coffee & chocolate. Writing about life & the road to publishing.
- Straight Forward & Simple – Author and mom of 5 serves her crazy life up one blog post at a time, while helping other writers on their road to publishing.
- Simple Non Sentences – Mom of 5. Author. Writer. Photographer. Sushi Addict. Drinks too much coffee. Writes Too Many Words. Shares her crazy life.
I realize they are all similar, mostly because I want to keep the same elements. But there are things about each one I love.
Here are my thoughts.
- I like # 1 because it has a twist of humor at the end, while still explaining what the blog is about. It’s simple, yet has a twist which shows my funny side. (yes, I realize I’m probably the only one who thinks I’m funny)
- I like this one a lot, because I think I was able to cram more info in it, while keeping it fun and light and still direct about what it is.
- This might be my least favorite, but the reason for this is because I feel like it is lacking personality at all. It’s cute, simple and kinda boring. I don’t know.
- I do this a lot. Write with the stops. So I am drawn to this one too, but it reads too much like a Twitter blurb (hahaa it reads a lot like my twitter blurb) than I’m comfortable having on my blog. That doesn’t mean I don’t still love it though.
Arghhhhh!!!! Glad you people aren’t at my end to laugh at me actually getting irritated. hahaha If I had time to put a poll up (plan ahead Nicole, it works better!) I would ask you guys to vote. Instead, just leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite one is, what your thoughts are or if you came up with a better one.
Why does all of this matter anyway? Because I am hoping to make it the description/tagline to my blog. That is all.