Reveal day for Group D in the Secret Recipe Club has finally arrived, and I am all ready to go!
The blog that I was assigned this month is Koreafornian Cooking, and let me just tell you that the idea of Korean cooking intimidated the heck out of me. I was very excited to find about a dozen recipes that I knew I’d love to try and that I wouldn’t mess up. I made four things off her blog. The other three I will share in the next 2 weeks, but for today, I decided to go with the Curry Movie Popcorn because as soon as I read it, I wanted to try it. I didn’t even care what the recipe called for, I was just sure it was yummy. I love popping fresh kernels and adding my own ingredients to make it super yummy, but I will admit, I never considered using Curry Powder and I am SO grateful I did!
Curry Movie Popcorn
You can't beat the full flavor of curry on stove popped popcorn, makes this treat unique and great anytime!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup (75 g.) popping corn
- Pop your popcorn by whatever method you desire. We popped ours on the stove top, while [Koreafornian|http://www.koreaforniancooking.com] air popped popcorn. We doubled the recipe because there were six of us noshing on it, but the recipe I have provided is suitable for 4.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and coconut oil over low heat. Can I just tell you, I've actually never been able to smell the coconut oil I use, but for some reason, this time I did. It smelled heavenly!!
- Add the curry powder, and stir well until smooth.
- Drizzle the curry-flavored oil while tossing the popcorn to evenly distribute the curry flavored butter. This was a lot harder to do than I thought it would be. Next time, I am going to preheat it all and actually pop the popcorn IN the sauce I made, but regardless.... It was actually super good and the kids gobbled it up quickly. (perfect after school snack!)
- If desired, sprinkle some salt, and toss the popcorn again. Serve immediately.
Secret Recipe Participants: What did you make for the Secret Recipe club this month?
Everyone else: Have you ever made popcorn with a unique flavor or ingredient? Tell me about it in the comments below.