I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and that all the mom’s out there had an enjoyable Mother’s day. I sure did! I enjoyed spending it with my family. I hope you did too.
It’s Monday and that means it’s time again for This Week’s Cravings. Our theme this week is Egg Recipes. Why? Because the month of May is National Egg month, of course!
We eat eggs a lot around our house so finding a recipe to share wasn’t hard at all. Besides my total obsession with Deviled eggs (which is probably made clear by how many recipes I’ve posted for them: Simple Deviled Eggs, Deviled Eggs with Olives, Lemon Pepper Deviled Eggs and Curry Deviled Eggs ), I also really love egg salad and I really love egg salad sandwiches.
So that’s what I decided to make for This Week’s Cravings.
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2½ tsp. yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 2 pieces of Rye bread
- I usually add a little paprika or some cayenne for spice (about a tsp or two)
- Honestly? I throw everything into my food processor and blend. If you don’t have a food processor – use a fork and mash up the egg as much as you can (you want some pieces of egg). Mix in all of the other ingredients.
- Scoop out some egg salad and place it on the Rye bread. Top with a lettuce leaf and the other piece of Rye bread.
- Eat! So good!
- 5/21/2012 Week # 82 Memorial Day BBQ “ALL RECIPES WITH BBQ SAUCE or GRILL”
- 5/28/2012 Week # 83 Share your Favorite CHEESEBURGER recipes!
- 6/4/2012 Week # 84 Breakfast Breads (Doughnuts, Muffins, Biscuits & Coffee Cakes)
- 6/11/2012 Week # 85 MAN-ly Meals (for Father’s Day)
- 6/18/2012 Week # 86 International Foods
- 6/25/2012 Week # 87 Summer Berry Recipes (Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries)
We hope you’ll participate in upcoming linky parties.
Would you like to link up an Egg recipe? Go ahead! We’d love to see what you’ve made.
We’ll be tweeting them out in upcoming weeks on our twitter account: @TWCravings
If you are a regular link-up we’re excited to see what you made this week. If you are new please read and follow the, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party and your recipe doesn’t get deleted! It’s so easy!
If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don’t feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!
The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!
PLEASE do not link more then 3 recipes per week.
This week’s theme is:Egg Recipes
Please only link recipes that follow our theme! Thank you!