Easy dinner for two? Yep! That’s what this EASY Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is perfect for! Not only easy, but delicious and the recipe can be doubled for leftovers. A true win, win situation!
It has been quite some time since I participated in a Sunday Supper, and when I saw this week’s Easy Dinner for Two theme, I knew I had to jump in. Plus, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I am testing out recipes I might serve for our special date night meal. Yes, that includes dessert – I think the final vote for dessert wound up being these Dark Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Parfaits that I made last year for a Florida Strawberries Valentine’s Day post and he’s been wanting them ever since! I can’t really blame him.
But today we are talking about this easy dinner for two, a Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet. It’s not only simple, but creamy and can be served many different ways. We chose to serve it over rice, but you could serve it over pasta or even eat it by itself (which is what I wanted to do!).There’s just something special about the combination of sizzling sausage and shrimp blended with a creamy sauce. Plus it pretty much only needs a single skillet and you’re good to go. And as usual (with practically everything I make) it’s a great jumping off point for adding whatever veggies you’d like or think would add to the flavor.
I adore spicy food, so if I had made the meal for just me and my spicier dish loving family members, I would have added some cajun seasoning or chili’s, but alas that was not what I did with this one. This one I made as more of an Italian flavored Creamy Shrimp and Sausage skillet. That’s because Doug is of the no-spice version of any dish.
This had a little kick to it, because I added some Old Bay Seasoning to just give it a little flavor and a tiny kick that I knew I’d love but wouldn’t over power the dish, or Doug’s tongue.
You make it however you like it!
Let’s get this Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet,
an easy dinner for two, on the table!
Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 oz. Smoked Sausage, sliced about 1/4"
- 10 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Old Bay Seasoning, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 of a small onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a large skillet for about 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the sausage and shrimp in a little old bay seasoning.
- Add the sliced smoked sausage and shrimp to the skillet. Cook until smoked sausage is browned and shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Toss in the spinach and onion. Don't worry, the spinach will cook down in just a minute or two. We also added a bag of frozen Steamfresh® Protein Blends Italian Style but it's not necessary. Hubby just likes it. Stir frequenly and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer about 10 minutes until liquid is mostly absorbed. Add the alfredo sauce and continue cooking 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over rice, quinoa or pasta or simply serve by itself.
Looking for more ideas for your easy dinner for two? Check out these fabulous ideas the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are bringing to the table today! You’re sure to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Marsala by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Classic Coq Au Vin for Two by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamy Parmesan Skillet Eggs by The Texan New Yorker
- Date Night Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry by Gourmet Every Day
- Orange Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Salsa Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Chicken and Spinach Pasta with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce by Pook’s Pantry
- One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Scallop Pasta with Garlic and White Wine by Caroline’s Cooking
- Skillet Rigatoni alla Vodka for Two by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
Red Meat Recipes
- Filet Mignon with Shiitake Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- French Onion Filet Mignon by The Chef Next Door
- Honey Lime Steak Kebabs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Mushroom Meatloaf by Cricket’s Confections
- Mushroom Topped Pepper Steak for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Dinner for Two by Life Tastes Good
- Pan-Seared Nutella Skirt Steak by Brunch-n-Bites
- Petit Filet with Red Wine Pan Sauce & Garlic Mash by Authentically Candace
- Rack of Lamb with Strawberry Mint Glaze by Sunday Supper Movement
- Steak Au Poivre by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Salmon with Ginger Marinade by Feeding Big
- Crab Caesar Salad by What Smells So Good?
- Crab Imperial by Monica’s Table
- Creamy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet by Crazed Mom
- Grilled Swordfish with Husk Cherry Salsa by From the Bookshelf
- Peppadew Trout en Croûte by Food Lust People Love
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Surf and Turf for Two by The Freshman Cook