It’s Day 12 in the Blogging A-Z Challenge and today’s letter is L.
Again, I tossed around a lot of ideas and ingredients – Lemon, Lime, Lamb, Lentils…
I settled on Linguini because we adore pasta of any kind, and this one has shrimp. You can use Chicken if you want, we do sometimes, but I prefer Shrimp.
Creamy Pesto Linguini with Shrimp
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. of linguine pasta
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (or use both!)
- 3/4 c. of pesto
- 1 lb.of cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 roma tomatos, diced
- 2-3 Tbs. flour
- a couple of splashes of olive oil for cooking
- Cook your pasta in a boiling pot of water for 8-10 minutes, drain.
- In a skillet on the stove, add a few splashes of olive oil and saute your onion over medium heat until it is translucent.
- Stir in your garlic and your butter, and saute it for about a minute or so.
- Get your measuring cup of milk and dissolve a couple of pinches of flour into it. Stir well. Add the salt and pepper to the milk and flour. Now pour the whole thing into the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add your Parmesan or Romano Cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Next, stir in the pesto, tomatoes and shrimp. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Toss with your linguini and you're good to go. Ready in minutes but tastes like it took hours.
Previous A-Z Entries:
- A – Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- B – Bacon Popcorn
- C – Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- D – Basil Dip
- E – Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- F – Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- G – Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich
- H – Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- I – Italian Beef Risotto
- J – Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- K – Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- L – Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
- M – Nutella Breakfast Muffins