There’s nothing better than an easy dinner or meal idea, and nothing that makes weeknights less stressful. With so many kids and mouths to feed, I need easy and I need fast. If I can get dinner on the table in less than a half hour, I’m doing pretty good.
Now that I am a Wewalka Brand Ambassador, I’ve been having so much fun with all the different doughs. From pizza’s to dessert and everything in between, I’m enjoying playing in the kitchen and getting creative. It’s also making mealtime loads of fun and much easier. You can see some of the pizza we’ve made with the Wewalka pizza doughs here.
One of the products from Wewalka is a refrigerated Croissant dough. Did you know that Wewalka is the first true croissant dough available in the United States. You know, the kind that bake up with layers of flaky goodness that are typically found only at your nearest bakery? Wewalka crosissants are made with 36 layers of very fine, yeast dough and a hint of real vanilla! And while they are absolutely amazing all by themselves baked up and served along side your main course, they can be stuffed with sweet or savory fillings as well! They bake up to perfection – flaky, golden brown and beautiful, light and fluffy on the inside, and the flavor is something that can’t be made without the finest, premium ingredients.
Wewalka has high ingredient standards too!
While we have stuffed these babies with both sweet and savory ingredients, our favorite one so far is probably not the prettiest.
We went with a delicious creamy chicken and mushroom stuffed croissant, and they were to die for!
Once I had everything mixed up and the cream cheese melted, I spooned the mixture onto the croissants and then rolled them up.
Before I popped them in the oven, right on the parchment paper they come rolled up in, I decided to brush them with a quick egg wash to give them a little more shine and color when they came out.
I love how beautiful they were when they came out and we served them.
Of course they did NOT last long because everyone absolutely loved them. Next time I think I might toss some spinach in with the chicken and mushrooms or any other veggies we happen to have on hand. Honestly with this Wewalka croissant dough, the possibilities are endless.
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Croissants
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter (separated)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 pkgs. of Wewalka Refrigerated Croissant Dough
- Egg wash, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken breasts into the skillet and sear both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side, until slightly golden. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms, and cook, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the cream cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Slice, shred or chop up the chicken into small pieces. We opted to shred because it's easier to fill that way. Add the chicken to the pan and make sure everything is mixed up well.
- Open the Wewalka Croissant dough and lay out the parchment paper included in the package on a baking sheet. Separate the croissant triangles and spoon the mixture onto the large end of the croissant dough.
- Roll the dough up and press the dough together sealing everything up on the inside as much as you can.
- If using an egg wash, brush the tops of each rolled up croissant with egg wash.
- Put the pan in the oven for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until the croissants are a golden brown on top.
- Remove and serve!
I received product and compensation to create this recipe, but as always, all opinions are 100% my own.