This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own. You will love this Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake.It’s hard to believe, but Halloween is just around the corner. This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are partnering with Dixie Crystals to bring you some pretty fabulous Halloween recipes that will be perfect for kids and adults! We had so much fun making this Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake with Dixie Crystals sugar. The cake is a traditional pumpkin cake, made even better with plenty of spice and a wonderful moist crumb. The frosting is a pretty traditional recipe but made better with the addition of Cinnamon. The Cinnamon frosting holds the two layers together and gives this cake an amazing finish that promises a flavor combination that is both elegant and festive at the same time.
Dixie Crystals has many different types of sugar and for this Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake I used both Dixie Crystals granulated sugar for the cake and Dixie Crystals powdered sugar for the frosting. There is also Dixie Crystals Brown and Raw (Turbinado) sugar. You can connect with them on Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+ to find 1000’s of time-tested recipes, plus baking videos, vintage cookbooks and more.Also on the website is the Kids in the Kitchen section where you’ll find hundreds of kid-friendly craft ideas, printables, edible art projects, activity sheets and sweet science projects.
Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake #SundaySupper
For Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1 (15oz.) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 packages (16 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
For Pumpkin Spice Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 9" cake pans by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree, sugar, oil and vanilla on medium speed. Turn down to low and add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- In another large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine both bowls together and transfer evenly to two 9" cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-24 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes in pans.
- Remove and allow to continue cool on baking racks. Do not frost cakes until completely cooled.
For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and Dixie Crystals powdered sugar until smooth; beat in vanilla and cinnamon. Add more cinnamon to taste.
- Spread the icing on one layer and top with the other layer. Frost the outside of cake and decorate as desired.
Dixie Crystals sent me a big huge box of granulated sugar and powdered sugar, so trust that all sorts of delicious treats will be posted coming very soon! This Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake is only the beginning!Also, be sure to join us tonight at 7 p.m. ET for our weekly live Twitter chat sponsored this week by Dixie Crystals. We will be talking all about our favorite Halloween recipes that will be perfect for the night!In the meantime, let’s talk about this awesome cake. I spend most Halloween’s on my couch waiting for Trick or Treaters to show up and enjoy handfuls of candy. We often invite another couple over for a fun adult dinner party, while my teens head out with friends. This cake is absolutely the perfect dessert to serve at any party, but I haven’t found a pumpkin loving adult who doesn’t literally love this cake. The best part is, it’s good for more than just Halloween and can be decorated accordingly. Want to have a little spooky fun?
Unscramble the words for a chance to win a Kitchen Aid Mixer! Visit Dixie Crystals Scary Scramble Contest Site for more details!
Bewitching Breakfast Treats
Fang-tastic Candy Treats
- Creepy Pumpkin Seed Brittle by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Halloween Fudge by The Dinner-Mom
- Soft and Chewy Apple Cider Caramels by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Boo-tiful Cakes and Pies
- Cheesecake Mummies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake by Crazed Mom
- Gluten Free Spooky Chocolate Cupcakes by Fearless Dining
- Graveyard Cupcakes by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Halloween Cupcakes by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Halloween Whoopie Pies by The Chef Next Door
- Mini Jack-O-Lantern Cakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Mummy Apple Hand Pies by Eazy Peazy Mealz
- Pumpkin Chocolate Ganache Cake by Taste And See
- Pumpkin Cupcakes by Flour On My Face
- Gingerbread Zombies by Family Foodie
- Halloween Spider Cookies by Moore or Less Cooking
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars by Savory Experiments
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Witch Hat Cookies by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Other Bone-chilling Goodies
- Bloody Crème Brûlée by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Haunted Halloween Ghosts by Shockingly Delicious
- Individual Candy Corn Fruit Salad Dessert by Hot Eats Cool Reads
- Monster Munch Popcorn Snack Mix by A Dish of Daily Life
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cobbler by The Gold Lining Girl
- Vampire Collins Cocktail by kimchi MOM
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.