This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #50YearsofBreakfast #CollectiveBias
Getting five teenagers out the door in the busy mornings, awake and on-time is a challenge enough. Can you imagine how much fun it is ensuring they all get breakfast on the way out? Everyone getting up at different times, needing the bathrooms at different times, it’s chaotic to say the least. However, one thing I know for sure, they will not leave the house hungry, ever. That’s when I break out the breakfast smoothies!
I recently re-discovered Carnation Breakfast Essentials® which I found at Walmart down the cereal aisle. I grabbed the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® powder in Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla, hoping to get creative in the kitchen and make them some smoothies they can grab and go.
I also picked up some fresh bananas and chia seed to give them a little extra boost.
The first morning we made these Chocolate Banana Chia Breakfast Smoothies and they were a huge hit! All five grabbed one and downed it, looking for more, so yes I obliged. I always oblige. After I got everyone out the door and on their way to various places like work and school, I sat down and enjoyed one too and was so pleasantly surprised by the flavor combo.
They are super easy to make and great for those get up and go mornings where everything feels like a rush but doesn’t have to be because Carnation Breakfast Essentials® to the rescue!
The CarnationFreeBreakfast.com promotion – Who will you share with?
How it works:
- Buy any 2 Carnation Breakfast Essentials products
- Get a clear photo of your entire receipt and then text with keyword BREAKFAST to 811811 for submission instructions or email it to redeem@CarnationFreeBreakfast.com or upload your receipt to http://cbi.as/7qnt
- You will receive a code back once the receipt has been verified that you can share with your friends and family for a free breakfast! (up to a $7.99 value). Participants can enter by texting a number, emailing, or uploading a photo of the receipt to the website.
Feeding America donation details
While you’re busy sharing your breakfast, so is Carnation Breakfast Essentials®! Carnation Breakfast Essentials® will donate $25,000 to Feeding America to help those in need.
Chocolate Banana Chia Breakfast Smoothies
- 1/3 cup Rich Milk Chocolate Flavor CARNATION BREAKFAST ESSENTIALS®
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 medium frozen banana
- Add all of your ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth and to desired consistency. If you want it thicker, add a little more ice. Enjoy!
Now that I’ve shared our favorite breakfast smoothie recipe with you, tell me what yours is, in the comments below.