Pasta and Noodles are fairly inexpensive items. In fact, they can make a small meal quite a bit larger by their addition and don’t cost a lot to purchase. This makes saving money on meals a lot easier to do than you might think. Plus, they taste great and can be made in dozens of different ways.
Looking for a quick meal that doesn’t cost a lot? Think pasta.
Simply boil some noodles, and then raid your pantry or refrigerator. Look for items such as:
- Canned diced tomatoes and/or black olives
- fresh garlic, garlic powder or garlic salt
- Oregano, Cilantro and other spices can flavor up a dish quite nicely
- olive oil
- Parmesan or Romano cheese
- veggies – celery, carrots, mushrooms, etc.
- chopped up meat either from the deli, or leftovers from another meal
- shrimp or other seafood
- salt, pepper, creole or other seasoning
- can of chili or beans (like Chili Mac)
- soup (this added to some noodles can be delicious – even the cream of “whatever” soups)
Do you have any ideas for additional pasta stir-ins you might find lurking in your cupboards, pantry or refrigerator?