The Best Big, Fat, Chewy Triple Chip Cookies are loaded down with so many chips – and the cookie batter is the absolute perfect amount of salty and sweet you expect in your good cookies. These are some thick, fat cookies and one will fill you up pretty fast. But that doesn’t mean you should just eat one…
SO, it’s that time once again. It’s time for our Secret Recipe Club reveal date. When I was browsing the blog I got this month, I suddenly realized I’d be posting on August 1, and I thought, where the heck did the rest of this year go already? Just wow.
But it is indeed August and for August, I was assigned The Spiffy Cookie for Secret Recipe Club. The blog is run by Erin, who is a PhD researcher in Microbiology. We have a lot in common, and one of the things we share is our love for dessert. When I saw the blog name, I knew that I was going to scour her blog for a cookie recipe, because seriously … I wanted a Spiffy Cookie! Oh, I got one alright.
But first, I had so much fun learning all about Erin! She has a fun list of Likes and Dislikes on her about page. Every single one of her likes (from Funfetti to garlic and bacon) is a favorite of mine. But her dislikes are filled with a whole bunch of my favorites too (except meatloaf, that one can stay on the dislikes list!) lol She decided she now likes meatloaf in mini form, and I kept thinking, uh… not even sure I can do it that way… but I do have to admit, that I thought about making her Mini Greek-Style Meatloaves because truly, they look and actually sound really delicious! Erin, you might make me a convert, they are on my menu this week, so we shall see!
At any rate, I decided on a cookie, because like I said… hello spiffy cookie! Her Buckeye Brownie Cookies look amazing and I really wanted to make them. And I was also eyeing her Funfetti Macarons, because hello … funfetti, plus macarons are on my bucket list.
But at the last possible minute (not really, I made these ahead of time), I decided on her Big Fat Chewy Multichip cookies, because I LOVE a good chocolate chip cookie, and I liked these immediately because of all the chips! I also love, love how big and fat they bake up. For the record, I have a feeling if you pressed this down into a huge pan, you could totally make a decadent cookie cake with this recipe.
Ready to make The Best Big, Fat, Chewy, Triple Chip Cookies?
The only change I made to Erin’s recipe, is to add 1 cup of walnuts and while I did use three different chips, one of the bag came with two different types of chips – peanut butter and semi sweet chocolate. So technically, my cookies are Quadruple Chip Cookies. LOL
The Best Big, Fat, Chewy Triple Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk (no whites)
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter/chocolate chips mix (if you use just peanut butter chips, only 1 cup)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup black walnuts, chopped, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, cover your baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, cream the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- In a small bowl, beat vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix with the medium bowl thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time and mix well in between each addition.
- Add the chips and walnuts stir gently into the dough.
- Drop cookie dough about ¼ cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove while still soft, and they will remain super soft.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.