Weeknights are so busy at our house, so ever on the quest for easy and quick meals, I try to find things that take less than 30 minutes from start to finish. And if I can find something that takes even less, I’m doing great! Everyone thinks the perfect addition to pasta is chicken or shrimp, but there is a much better solution. Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage is the answer for great flavor. It adds something entirely different and a nice twist on your traditional pasta dish. Plus, it’s SO easy!
It all starts by choosing the Smoked Sausage you want for your meal. Now go ahead and slice up your sausage. I added a teaspoon of olive oil to a skillet and then added the sliced sausage.
Drain the liquid out and set the sausage aside.
Add heavy cream and heat until cream begins to simmer.
Stir in your Parmesan cheese until melted. Add the sausage back in and allow to simmer about 3-5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the fresh finely chopped basil.
To serve, spoon pasta onto a dish, top with sausage and Basil Parmesan sauce. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top before serving, if desired.
Basil Parmesan Sausage Penne Rigate #HillshireSausage
- 2 cups dry penne rigate
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, boil pasta as directed on package, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the sliced smoked sausage in 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium high heat about 8-10 minutes. Remove sausage and drain pan.
- Return pan to stove, add heavy cream and heat until cream begins to simmer.
- Add ½ cup of Parmesan cheese and stir until melted and cream thickens.
- Return the sausage to the pan, and bring to a slow simmer. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fresh finely chopped basil.
- To serve, spoon pasta onto a dish, top with sausage and Basil Parmesan sauce. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top before serving, if desired.
If you want more dinner time inspiration, check out the Sausage So Simple tumbler page from Hillshire Farm where you’ll find great recipe ideas!
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Hillshire. This could include Hillshire providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.