This cheesy Baked Ziti with Meatballs recipe is the perfect busy weeknight meal!
Good morning! Today ends the 2013 April A-Z Challenge and I am actually pretty sad to see it end. Even though it was very intense posting every single day (what with #SundaySupper and such), it was wonderfully fun, I’ve found loads of new blogs to follow and made a lot of new friends which are treasured. I did not make every single day of the A-Z letter but I did post almost every single day, especially when you throw in Sunday’s.
I would like to take a moment and thank April A-Z Challenge founder Arlee Bird over at Tossing It out. This is a huge project to run and organize and it was done so flawlessly and professionally. Just love all the updates and the great blogs participating. Thank you for all you do Arlee (and the entire team!).
Last year I ended the challenge with my delicious Zesty Roasted Chicken and Potato Dinner. An easy, fabulous weeknight dinner that my whole family loves.
I really hope you have found some great recipes this month here on Daily Dish Recipes. I had so much fun with this challenge and I know I will be doing it again next year. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 package frozen meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, fineky chopped
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 16oz. package ziti pasta, cooked & drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese, if desired
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan on the stove, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and the onion and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, oregano and parsley and heat until hot. (about 5 minutes).
- Add the meatballs (thawed) to your sauce.
- Turn the heat down to low, and allow the sauce to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- When heated through, add the sauce to the noodles.
- Pour everything into a 9x13 baking dish. Stir the shredded mozzarella cheese into the sauce and noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
- When serving, sprinkle with extra Parmesan and extra mozzarella cheese.