Oh appetizers, how I adore thee. Seriously.
They are like little bites of perfection. These Baked Brie Bites with Olives and Roasted Garlic are little bites of perfection, definitely, but I mean like, really appetizers in general.
Little proportioned size “snacks” almost. You know?
And there are always delicious things in appetizers. Not that you can’t have those things in other things but I don’t know what I am rambling on about. I’ve been sick, forgive me. I’m pretty sure I’m running a fever as I write this, so I’m probably a little delirious. The point is, I like appetizers. A lot.
I’m the one who will go to a restaurant and order a sampler appetizer as my meal. It’s like getting several meals in one, but not really, but kinda. Right?
So today is our 4th week of our Progressive Dinner. And I guess by now it doesn’t take a genius to see which course we are bringing. If you guessed appetizers, you must’ve been paying attention and you win a prize. Well, actually you don’t win a prize, but you do win the ability to enter the giveaway found at the bottom of this post. You can win a set of awesome Crisp Kitchen Tools. Trust me, you want these.
They make life in the kitchen SO much easier.
Crisp Kitchen Tools are fruit and vegetable cooking tools that transforms tedious kitchen prep to a world of delicious possibilities. Crisp kitchen tools help you easily prepare fruits and vegetables for healthy and delicious eating year round. They were developed by award-winning housewares designers, which you can tell immediately because they are designed to fit your hand perfectly, making any chore you use them for, much easier. Gracefully contoured handles, angled blades, and above-and-beyond features give you the confidence and inspiration to take your cooking further and make every day food prep more fun and more fulfilling.
These tools save time, ensure great results, and provide an enjoyable food prepping experience. There really is a HUGE difference with these tools opposed to other companies. I’d choose Crisp Kitchen Tools every single time. There are 27 different tools and really there is something for anyone. Plus, by the way, they make totally GREAT gifts and would look super awesome in a gift basket all together. Honestly, every foodie would dream of having tools like these in their kitchen.
You can win your OWN set of tools for your kitchen OR to give as a gift to a loved one, simply by entering the giveaway at the bottom of the post. So don’t forget.
Progressive Dinner Appetizers
Flour on My Face: Phyllo Apple Cranberry Bites
Adventures in All Things Food: Festive Avocado Cucumber Bites
Daily Dish Recipes: Baked Brie Bites with Olives and Roasted Garlic
Will Cook for Smiles:
The Gunny Sack: Spinach Artichoke Bites
Ready for some Baked Brie Bites with Olives & Roasted Garlic?
Baked Brie Bites with Olives & Roasted Garlic & Crisp Kitchen Tools #Giveaway #HolidayRecipes
- 1 loaf of French or Italian bread, sliced
- 1 whole garlic, roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 round of Brie cheese
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs (I used parsley but basil or oregano would be amazing!)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the rind off the Brie by slicing as close to the edge as you can (trying to only remove the rind and not the precious cheese!). Discard the rind. Slice the brie.
- Mash up the roasted garlic cloves from the garlic and add a tablespoon of EVOO making it spreadable. We used O Olive Oil Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (but we LOVE garlic!) You can try one of the other flavors or just use regular EVOO.
- Thinly but evenly spread your garlic and olive oil over each slice of bread.
- Place the sliced bread on a pan.
- Place the slices of Brie on top of the olive oil/garlic on the bread. You can layer the sliced Brie if you want the whole bread covered in Brie. We just placed a single slice on each bread slice.
- Sprinkle the chopped Kalamata Olives over the top of the Brie slices.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes or until Brie is melted (watch carefully).
- Remove from oven and transfer bread slices to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the tops with finely chopped herbs.
- Serve immediately.