Looking for a quick and easy recipe with fresh tomatoes? Look no further. These delicious Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are the perfect weeknight dinner. Want to go meatless? Leave out the bacon and they are just as good! We make these all the time for Sunday Supper too, because they don’t require a ton of work which allows us to get out and about on Sunday’s and not feel rushed.Plus, 40 of my Sunday Supper Tastemaker friends are sharing fabulous fresh tomato recipes too! You can scroll down to the bottom of this post after you finish checking out the Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms to see what they are making too! So are you ready to hear more about these Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms? They really are super easy. The ingredients I use are the ingredients I always seem to have on hand, so they aren’t a difficult dinner and don’t require a lot. Basically I just preheat the oven to 375, brush my portobellos with some olive oil, make some bacon up, stuff everything into the portobellos, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for about 30-45 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Ready to make Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms?
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- extra-virgin olive oil to brush on mushrooms
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 strips of bacon, soft cooked and cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves, minced
- ground sea salt
- ground pepper
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 425º.
- Brush each Portobellow cap with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place them top down on a foil-lined or parchment-lined baking sheet,
- Add ¼ cup of mozarella cheese to each mushroom cap.
- Top with sliced bacon, halved tomatoes, minced garlic and minced basil.
- Season with a shake of ground sea salt and ground pepper.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and mushrooms are soft.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Fresh Tomatoes
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon by Family Around The Table
- Cheesy Caprese Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes by Life Tastes Good
- Grilled Chicken and Pasta with Grated Tomato Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bronzed Tomato Spinach Cheddar Panini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ground Beef Curry by Wholistic Woman
- Lamb and Fresh Tomato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Pan Pork Chop Dinner with Tomatoes by Simple and Savory
- Tuna and Tomato Bento by Ninja Baker
Pizza, Pies, and Pastas
- Angel Hair Pomodoro by Healing Tomato
- Heirloom Tomato Tart by Authentically Candace
- Pressure Canned Homegrown Tomato Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Savory Tomato Pie with Pre-Made Crust by The Foodie Affair
- Three Cheese Tomato Basil Pie by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tomato and Caramelized Onions Galette by Brunch-n-Bites
- Tuscan Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms by Crazed Mom
- Bloody Mary Mix by Our Good Life
- Bruschetta di Pomodoro by The Freshman Cook
- Caprese Garlic Bread with Arugula Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Tomato Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Tomato Tulips for a Veggie Platter by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam by Soulfully Made
- How to Make Homemade Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- IPA (India Pale Ale) Green Tomato Pickles by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes with Cottage Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Apple-Walnut Salad Filling by Asian In America
- Tropical Fruit Salsa by Pies and Plots
Soups and Salads
- 10 Minute Greek Inspired Couscous Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Burrata Caprese Salad with Balsamic Pearls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Tomato and Preserved Lemon Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Cupboard Tomato Mozzarella Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Fresh Tomato and Couscous Salad by Basic N Delicious
- Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Rustic Dill Tomato Soup by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Summer Tomato and Bread Soup by Monica’s Table
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Pimento Grilled Cheese by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement