When I was a kid, it was all about the Grilled Cheese. It is still a go-to comfort food, but now it has a big twist. A gourmet grilled cheese sandwich fit for a king. I give you our favorite Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich. A truly gourmet take on a true classic.
Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? The Sunday Supper tastemakers are bringing you a whole recipe box of absolutely mouth-watering grilled cheese sandwiches. Be sure and check that list out at the bottom of the post, after you read about this amazing sandwich.
We’ve made this Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich for years when I took two different grilled cheese recipes and basically combined them into one to create this mouthful of goodness.
It’s the Ultimate Grilled Cheese. I guess it’s OUR Ultimate Grilled Cheese.
I mean, how can it not be with all it’s ooey gooey deliciousness and added flavors. It’s like a giant flavor meld in your mouth, while still be that same classic comfort food we all know and love.
I love Grilled Cheese, don’t you?
Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich
And my kids love it too. I mean it’s gooey and melty like the grilled cheese they know and love, but it also has layer upon layer of added flavor.
Plus, I felt good because I was able to get some good veggies into them, but still make it taste good to them by adding something they all love.
- 2 slices of Italian Bread
- 3 oz. of shredded provolone cheese
- 3 oz. of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- ½ small avocado, sliced
- ½ c. baby arugula
- slices of roasted red pepper
- butter for grilling
- 2 slices of bacon per sandwich
- On medium, heat your skillet.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. Place it butter side down into the pan. Top with one cheese, then the roasted red peppers, then the avocado, then the bacon (if you are using), then the arugula and then the other cheese. Place the second piece of bread, butter side up on top.
- Flip when bread is golden brown and then grill the other side until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- This is absolutely a perfectly, hearty, delicious meal. Everyone loves a good grilled cheese!
Sunday Supper Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
- Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- The Ultimate Doughnut Grilled Cheese by Pies and Plots
Not You Average ‘Wiches
- Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook
- Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Patty Grilled Cheese Bites by Sunday Supper Movement
- Ramen Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
Protein Filled ‘Wiches
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Crazed Mom
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chip Butty by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Dill Havarti and Salmon by My World Simplified
- Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- Reuben Paninis by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Smoked Brie, Bacon and Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Our Good Life
Sweet and Savory ‘Wiches
- Applewood Gouda and Pear Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bacon, Apple, Brie Panini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo with Blackberry Jam by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Southern Gentleman’s Grilled Cheese with Cherry-Bourbon Jam by Gourmet Everyday
Veggie Loaded ‘Wiches
- Apricot Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwich by My Life Cookbook
- Arugula Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese by Helpful Homemade
- Grilled Brie With Smoky Portobellos and Caramelized Onions by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.