It’s hard to believe we are in our 4th week of the Holiday Progressive Dinner. Seriously, today is indeed the 4th week, and in case you missed any of them, you can find them here:
- Week 1: Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey & 5 Spice + 4 other fabulous recipes to make a complete holiday meal!
- Week 2: Pomegranate Orange Spinach Salad + 4 other fabulous recipes to make a complete holiday meal!
- Week 3: Pumpkin Spice Profiteroles with Warm Cranberry Red Wine Compote + 4 other fabulous recipes to make a complete holiday meal!
- Week 4: You’re reading it! The perfect appetizer: Antipasto Kebabs!
Let’s Talk About Cookware!
This week our sponsor is PotsandPans.com. Let me just tell you, they have some great stuff for the kitchen and I did some serious shopping over there. Great gifts for the holiday’s and their prices are very competitive. Right now you can save 20% on Rachael Ray Oven to Table Stoneware. You will actually see the stoneware in use next week in my post on Friday, November 22, when I share a fantastic Holiday Potluck recipe. But here is a sneak peek for you anyway.
Isn’t it gorgeous? I love all the fun colors, and all the different pieces, you can get a set to fit any need you have. Get creative and mix and match pieces and colors for any look you want. The thing I loved most about these pieces is that they are oven safe to 500°F, and you can bet your bottom I tried them out to see what they could do. I did some meatballs and popped the whole bowl in the oven to warm them up and get the sauce nice and hot. The stoneware came out of the oven looking exactly as it did when it went in. It was a super easy way to serve a delicious meal and not have to dirty several dishes. I used one for baking and serving. I love this. The serveware pieces are also dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe for added convenience. Can you get any better than that? And you can get them right there over at PotsandPans.com.
You can win your OWN set of Rachael Ray Oven to Table Stoneware. That’s right… enter at the bottom of the post. But first…
Today, for week 4 of the Holiday Progressive Dinner, I am hosting the Appetizer. These fabulous sticks of goodness are literally one of our favorite appetizers for any get together. They are of course, quite simple to make, and since often for holiday’s and parties, you are making lots, they are perfect because they come together quickly. We get the whole family together to do it, and it is very quick.
This is just one of those recipes that looks gorgeous arranged on a platter, or even in a decorated vase, sticking up like flowers. The vibrant colors make it appealing and they go very fast at every gathering we bring them to. They will most definitely be served at our house both for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.
- 8 oz. Sliced Salami (we get ours in the deli section - comes in a "log")
- 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. of black olives or Kalamata Olives (or 4 oz. of each)
- approx. 1 cup of grape tomatoes or 1 tomato per skewer
- 1 Tablespoon Pesto
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- a pinch of Oregano, pepper and salt
- wood or bamboo skewers (we used 6" skewers)
- In a bowl, toss the mozzarella, olives and tomatoes with the pesto, balsamic vinegar, oregano, salt & pepper. Allow to marinate about 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Grab your skewer and use this order to skew the items: salami, mozzarella, salami, tomato, salami and an olive to finish it off.
- See? Super easy! Enjoy with some cheese and crackers.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the recipes in this week’s Holiday Progressive Dinner. You will have a complete meal when you grab each of the recipes, and you can get the past three weeks too! Mix and match or use them as is, you’ll have your holiday meals complete in no time!
Holiday Progressive Dinner Week 4 Recipe Links
HERE at Daily Dish Recipes
Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Chicken for Two
at Adventures in All Things Food
Creamy Corn Casserole
at The Gunny Sack
Vegetable Medley with Cream Sauce
at Flour on My Face
Butter Toffee Pound Cake with Vanilla Brandy Caramel Sauce
You must be 18 or older and reside in the U.S., to enter. Complete the mandatory entry, and once you do, there will be several additional optional entries available. Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all of the eligible entries.
Here is the Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment down below on this blog post telling me which color of Rachael Ray Stoneware you’d choose for your kitchen. After commenting, register your entry in the Rafflecopter form, below. That’s it. Good luck! I hope you win!