I’ve received the Versatile Blogger award from Listen to the Voices. Thank you so much Clarissa, and if you hadn’t just have given it to me, I would have given it to you. I really love your blog.
Now, can I just say that I love the word Versatile. It is a word I probably use far too often, but for some reason I just like how it sounds.
1) Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
2) Share seven things about yourself.
3) Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4) Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award.
With that, said – here we go.
First, thank you Clarissa. I love your blog too and I have linked to it above. And I have a character in one of my stories named Clarissa, so in case you couldn’t figure it out from that little tidbit, I also love your name. 🙂
7 Things About Me
- I am an avid reader, and earlier on this year I made a goal and commitment to myself to read 150 YA (my genre) books this year. I’m not even halfway there but I have faith.
- I am not sure I could live without my coffee. I absolutely love the smell of a freshly opened canister, it makes me happy. I love flavored coffees, but not creamers very much. My creamer needs to be plain. I drink about a pot a day and when I die, it will probably be from coffee overdose because I am known to make a pot in the evening and drink it too,while writing.
- I write everything in the morning. The wee quiet hours of the morning. I don’t want to write anymore about this one because it is a post for later today.
- I actually get sad, and wind up thinking about the people who take hiatus’ from their blogs – even short ones. Summer is killing me! Usually this only occurs when it is a blog I read regularly and I get pulled into their lives. Then I miss them like a real friend when they are gone. Yes, I know it’s pathetic.
- I have to have background noise of some kind while I am writing. Doesn’t matter what genre, what type of writing (novel, poetry, free, blog, etc). and if it is music – my writing tends to come out 10 times better than if it had just been the kids, tv or something else. I am sure there is some music self help program for people like me, but I am content.
- I would rather spend the rest of my life living in nature, having beauty all around me than be restricted and confined inside a house. I’d probably sell a lot of books that way too, because nature inspires me. I spend as much time outdoors and I truly hate being stuck in a house. I am also that way with shoes – I hate them. Give me bare feet any day of the week. Maybe I am claustrophobic? (kidding, I’m not)
- I am absolutely addicted to the Sims and a lot of people don’t know that. I have every single game and every single expansion pack (except 1 of the expansions for the Sims2 on PC). And I can’t stop. I have a whole mini-bookshelf devoted to all of them. I even have ALL wii related Sims games and have finished them all. I have already pre-ordered The Sims 3 for Wii (Oct.), and Wii MySims SkyHeros (Sept.) . I am however, not fond of the SimAnimal, SimCity games or other types of Sim games – only the people ones. Am I a control freak in disguise? lol I will probably never admit this again. (oh, and I should I just go ahead and admit that I have my kids addicted too and we play as a whole family?)
I’ve been told I have to pass on the award to 15 other people. Does anyone ever know why the # has to be so high? I mean, why can’t we just pass it on to 5?
To make things easier for myself, I have chosen to follow the dictionary definition and give it to 7 people/writers/bloggers (in honor of the 7 things I had to share) I consider Versatile.
- Capable of doing many things competently.
- Having varied uses or serving many functions: “The most versatile of vegetables is the tomato” (Craig Claiborne).
- Variable or inconstant; changeable: a versatile temperament.
- Biology. Capable of moving freely in all directions, as the antenna of an insect, the toe of an owl, or the loosely attached anther of a flower.
Oh, and these people are being awarded (in no particular order!) because I think they are absolutely amazing writers with lots of talent, and I love getting to know more about them as we go. Now I will know 7 more things.
And just for the record, I thought about 10 more people I would have bestowed the award on, but I either already know they won’t participate because they are not into that kind of thing, OR they already received the award. Well, actually I have no guarantee that these 5 will participate but I definitely like getting to know them! So that’s it in a nutshell. If you’ve done this and you have a link to yours, I’d still love to read about you guys – I like knowing random personal things about the people I talk to a lot or am just getting to know. 🙂
Now, off to go warn notify them.