This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SamsungUnlocked #CollectiveBias
Working from home and being a mom to many, keeps me relatively busy and on-the-go constantly. Because of this, I need a way to stay organized and beyond that, I need a tool that helps to maintain that organization. To put it better, I need a phone that allows me to stay connected on-the-go, while helping me balance that organization. That’s where my Unlocked Samsung Galaxy GS8, that I got from walmart.com comes in. I can’t wait to tell you how to get your own, but first, here are 4 Ways the Samsung Galaxy GS8 Helps Keep Me Organized.
1. The Calendar – I think this is probably the most obvious way this phone helps keep me organized. I use the calendar to create and manage upcoming events, appointments, meetings, calls and other items. I’m really a paper planner kind of girl, but on-the-go, things come up and I need to put them somewhere so the calendar is easy to use and makes my life much easier. It also sends me reminders and allows me to see quickly at a glance if I need to be anywhere else at that time. I love that I can sync it with my computer and email and I can access it on any device. When I get home again, and I’m in front of my planner, I can quickly add the dates for upcoming events and meetings I might have had come in while I was away.
2. Bixby – I am developing a relationship with Bixby. Bixby is Samsung’s virtual assistant and I love it! I can quickly set reminders, timers, search for something and so much more all with simply my voice. I am a ridiculously slow texter yet I can type 100+ words a minute on a keyboard, so I prefer letting Bixby do the work when I can. Bixby helps me find photos I am looking for by searching my photo gallery and I can use it to cast my phone screen to my smart TV when I’m at home. It’s easy to simply touch and then talk. I don’t have to mess with the rest which makes on the go SO much easier and of course keeping track of everything, jotting down notes, etc. is much quicker.
3. Work – The Samsung Galaxy GS8 is great when I am working. I can organize recipe ideas, photos and more all in my phone so that not only can I access them when I am in the kitchen, but I can also access them on the go easily. I can also add to them, take them with me when I am grocery shopping and more. While I am not the quickest texter in the world, I have written a blog post or two using my phone as well, and it’s a pretty painless process, albeit a little slower. But I love that I can stay connected and continue to work on the go.
4. Social Media and Travel – This is the biggest one for me. I love that the Samsung Galaxy GS8 is the perfect size to take on-the-go to keep in touch via social media when I travel or jet around town. I can quickly update my instagram or twitter and the 12mp back camera is amazing for photos. I can easily take them, edit them and even upload them to dropbox or another app, so they are available the next time I am on any of my other devices. I am pleased with how well the camera performs and means I don’t have to lug my bulky DSLR everywhere and the phone camera will still take a great photo. (see below for some great travel pics we took with the phone – I was very happy!)
These are a few of the photos we took on a recent road trip with the Samsung Galaxy GS8. It was SO nice not having to drag along a big bulky camera, but instead my GS8 took great photos. Plus, the screen on this phone is spectacular. It’s the noted as the world’s first Infinity Screen – which is a screen that literally stretches from edge to edge, giving you the most amount of screen in the least amount of space. It makes everything you do on the phone look crystal clear and beautiful so I know how great my photos look before I ever even get them on a computer to edit. Plus videos are crystal clear too and it’s awesome.
With as many photos as I take, I love that it also has room for a Micro SD Card. I can expand my storage up to 256GB, and that’s important for me. Please note: MicroSD card sold separately.
So are you wondering how to get your hands on your own unlocked Samsung Galaxy GS8 (or GS8+)?
Let’s talk about what ‘unlocked’ means first.
What is Unlocked?
- Unlocked by Samsung lets you pick more than just your new smartphone. You can choose your carrier, data plan, services, features and apps, so you can get your phone exactly the way you want it ¹
Pick your carrier and plan
- Unlocked by Samsung smartphones work on multiple U.S. networks, so you have the freedom to pick a carrier and plan that fits your life. When you’re ready for an adventure, Unlocked by Samsung makes it easy – just pop in a compatible SIM card and take your device anywhere, from Mexico City to Paris and more.²
Standard Limited Warranty
- Unlocked by Samsung guarantees your new smartphone lives up to the exceptional standards you expect from Samsung. You’ll also get extra peace of mind because all Unlocked by Samsung smartphones come with a standard U.S. limited warranty.³
Fewer preloaded Apps
- For me, this is a big one. I don’t want all the apps they usually deliver on phones, and any carrier usually preloads all kinds of useless apps that take up space. This means I can store more photos, videos and the apps I use all the time on the phone.
¹ Wireless voice, data and messaging services on Samsung Unlocked Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge devices are compatible with most major U.S. GSM and CDMA networks. For these devices, wireless services are available on GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile and CDMA networks such as Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular®. Visit www.samsung.com for more information on your device. Support for certain features and services such as VoWiFi and hotspot, vary by wireless service provider. Wireless voice, data and messaging services on Samsung Unlocked Galaxy S6 and Galaxy J3 devices are compatible with most major U.S. GSM networks. For these devices, wireless services are available on GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile. Visit www.samsung.com for more information on your device. Support for certain features and services such as VoWiFi and hotspot, vary by wireless service provider.
SIM card must be compatible with area’s available networks. International calling, data services and coverage vary by network provider. Contact provider for details.
.² This Samsung Unlocked phone will work on any GSM or CDMA compatible network. For these devices, wireless services are available on GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile and CDMA networks such as Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular®. Support for certain rate plans, features, and services such as VoWiFi and hotspot vary by wireless service provider. SIM card must be compatible with area’s available networks. International calling, data services and coverage vary by network provider. Contact provider for details.
³ For more information on Samsung standard U.S. limited warranty, go to samsung.com/customersupport/
Buying the Unlocked Samsung Galaxy GS8
The process to purchase the phone was so easy. I simply added the phone I wanted to my cart and followed the directions to check out.
On this screen, I was able to choose an extended care plan which I recommend for anyone who is on the go a lot. Added protection is always a good thing. You can continue shopping at this point or proceed with checking out which is painless and easy with plenty of options.
After you have placed your order, you can check your order status anytime. It will provide you with the date it should be delivered and where it is in the whole delivery process.
When your phone arrives, Samsung offers Samsung Smart Switch, which will quickly help you get your phone set up.
How do you stay organized on the go? Do you have a GS8? What’s your favorite feature? Tell me in the comments below!