Compensation was provided by Hershey via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hershey or Momtrends.
Valentine’s Day is literally right around the corner. It is definitely not too late to come up with some cute, fun and creative ideas for your Valentine this year. One of the things we do each year is give gifts to family and friends, so the holiday is extended beyond just couples. Valentine’s Day is for loved ones, and while many translate that to a signficant other, it doesn’t have to be and shouldn’t be. It should be to express love to anyone in our lives.
Here are 10 Ideas to Spoil Family and Friends (even co-workers!) on Valentine’s Day with Hershey’s.
1. Relax & Pamper – No matter who you’re giving to, everyone loves to be pampered. Put together a little set of bath salts, lotion and a loofah. Don’t forget to throw in a box of chocolates they can eat while relaxing in the tub.
2. Sweet Messages – Leave sweet messages and little surprises all over the place for your loved ones to find. In their favorite coffee mug, on the pillow before bed, on the tv remote, in their underwear drawer – wherever they go frequently. These little Hershey’s Kisses Conversation Candies are perfect because on the bottom of each one is a sweet little saying or thought. Bonus – chocolate!
3. Make it Girly – If you have a tween or teen in your life, this idea is perfect. Fill a cute container up with their favorite Hershey’s candy, pick up a few nail polishes in colors they love and leave it on their dresser to find in the morning.
4. Valentine’s Basket – Forget the Easter basket (well don’t) but go for a Valentine’s basket instead. Fill it up with lots of Hershey’s chocolate, a stuffed animal and a box of chocolates.5. Movie & Dessert – Rent a movie and have dessert. Pop up Netflix or rent a movie and grab a bag of these cute Reese’s Conversation Cups. Each cute cup has a saying or a cute picture on it. We might have eaten the whole bag. I did say “might have”.
6. Chocolate and Strawberries – Bring your best friend or a single gal a solid chocolate heart and some strawberries. You know why? Because every girl deserves chocolate and strawberries on Valentine’s day, even if their bestie brings it to them.
7. Kisses and Jewelery – Ok, so it doesn’t have to be Hershey’s Kisses, but it was the most unique container we could find. Just find a unique container or way to give the gift. Hang or wrap a piece of jewelry around the outside. Who wouldn’t be excited to receive this?
8. Lollipop Lover – Not everyone adores chocolate. In fact, my son is not crazy about it. But he LOVES Jolly Ranchers and he loves lollipops of all kinds, so here’s a cute idea. I left this for him in his room so he could find it after work. These are also great to buy a bag of, carry in your purse and hand out to anyone and everyone on Valentine’s day. The checker at the grocery store. Yep. The gas station attendant. Yep. The server at the local grill. Yep. Random lady shopping at the pharmacy. Yep. Great way to pay it forward and make someone smile. You never know when you’ll reach the right person and a simple gesture can turn their entire day around.9. Box of Chocolates – Sometimes just a simple box of chocolates or a solid heart is all it takes to make someones day. Slip one in someones brief case, or leave it on a co-workers desk. Make someone smile at work! 10. Fill a bucket. – These little tin pails are extremely popular these days and you can find them almost anywhere for cheap. Purchase one and fill it to the rim with Hershey’s Kisses, or their favorite candy and down in the bottom, go ahead and leave a little surprise. A note, a piece of jewelry, a gift card… whatever.